Thursday, July 7, 2011

Suppression Check

Well, today we went in for our first visit during our IVF cycle. They just want to make sure that everything is on track. I have been taking birth control for the last month, and it is supposed to suppress my ovaries. It did! The nurse had me all worried that it hadn't because I haven't started my period yet, but it worked. I told G, I surely feel suppressed. I haven't been on birth control in years, and I forgot how terrible it makes me feel. Glad that stage is over. G and I started our day with a walk. I am always anxious when we go to NFC so it was nice to relax this morning before we went in. I started with blood work- the nurse said I have to have blood work every time..yay! Then, I had an ultrasound to check out my ovaries. She said they looked great! Next, it was on to the trial transfer. This is just to make sure that they are prepared for everything on the day of the transfer. I figured there would be a few complications because there were with the HSG. Apparently my uterus doesn't "cooperate" and I have a narrow canal. I told G that a narrow canal sounds fun for delivering a child. So, she had to get a special utensil to help getting the cath through the canal. She said they would probably but a stitch in while I am under sedation to help with that on transfer day. After that she went back over how to take our injections that begin on Saturday. Luckily G will be here to help out! She gave me step by step instructions with pictures :) I got my voicemail box setup and we were on our way home! I go back on Wednesday and Friday of next week to check my estradodial levels. I think that is just to check and make sure I am growing enough eggs.

When we left the doctors office, we went over to see my aunt. She had a double mastectomy on Tuesday. She looked great! She was a little sore, but who wouldn't be! I was complaining to G the whole way there because my ovaries hurt from them poking around at them. Talk about reality check, she was handling it like a champ! We got news today that all her cancer was gotten in surgery, praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment