Wednesday, July 20, 2011


Had my retrieval at 1015 this morning. Its 500 in the afternoon, and I finally might be awake. I came home and ate some lunch because I had to take an antibiotic that you cant take on an empty stomach. After that, I have been snoozing big time. They said there might be some stomach cramping like period cramps. My stomach really hasn't hurt that bad. It has hurt for the last week from the eggs so that's about what it feels like still. It hurts a little worse when I get up and walk around. I told G that the worse pain I am having is from the IV in my hand. My hand is so sore, but she had a hard time getting a vein she could put it in. As for the retrieval, we went in at 915. Got into a hospital gown that completely didn't fit, and one of those little hats to cover my hair. My room was freezing so my fingernails were purple. They told me to bring socks, so I was glad I did that. Next, they came in and put in my IV of fluids. I laid in there for awhile, they made me pee twice. About an hour later two ladies came in and gave me some meds that "would make me not care". Effective. I remember then rolling me down to retrieval and putting me on the OR bed...then gone. I woke back up in the room. G says I was talking crazy, but I don't remember any of that. Laid there for about 45 minutes and then had to get up and go to the bathroom. Also, an interesting experience. Got my IV out, got my clothes on, and they wheeled me down to the car. I was good and awake by that point. We stopped at subway to get me some lunch and at the pharmacy to get Valium filled for transfer day on Monday. They got 16 eggs out today. I feel really good about that. They say that about half of those are good, and about half of that will fertilize at the best state. So keeping my fingers crossed for my little embryos as they grow over the next few days! Here are some pictures from today.


  1. Praying that all goes well! Hope you sleep well tonight:o)

  2. Woohoo!! Can you please start wearing a hat like that more often?