Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who were those kids?!

I told Garrett yesterday that if today started with any four letter words, any four letter words spelled, talk of sex, or any talk of the boy "area"- I was probably going to have to quit my job. Lucky for me, angels came back to school today. They were so cooperative, behaved, and quiet! I wont let it get me too excited though because I know that at some point my actual class will return- these angels will disappear. But as for my first day back after what felt like several months, I was very happy. Also, how do five year olds grow that much over a months time!? They left as babies really, and some of them returned so HUGE! I was almost in tears this morning when one of my kids wrote their name, and one knew every letter of the alphabet! I cant imagine how I will be when it is my own children. I got a new student today. It was a little sad because one of sweet loves moved to a couple of hours away. All of my kids were telling the new kid he was sitting in his seat. I am sure that made him feel welcomed. The good news is- this kid might have been my most functional student! I was so happy!

Have any of you ever read the chapter of Luke in one sitting? That is my masters homework this week, and I am just trying to get a feel for it. I am kind of looking forward to seeing how different it reads in one sitting as opposed to chapter studies. You might try and see what you think.


2 comments:

  1. im so glad that you had a great first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm do you happen to have Earl Lavender as your teacher? That sounds like him!

    ReplyDelete