Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mom...I mean Mrs. Dickerson!

Can't tell you how many times a day I hear that! I wonder when I have my own children if they will say my name as many times as my students do, and they will say it until you answer- there is no end. When I come home, I just can't answer any questions or talk to anyone hardly. I need about 20 minutes of silence to regroup. I sometimes feel bad for Garrett because I am quite unsocial when I first get home. Luckily since basketball started I normally am home first and have time to relax a bit.

Today didn't start out as the best day I have had at school. Our school's bookkeeper has been fighting cancer for awhile. I don't know much about the situation since it is my first year, and I do not know her, just of her. The faculty gathered this morning in the library for a few minutes before school. Throughout my undergraduate work, it was crammed in our heads that religion and education do not mix. I am so glad that I work in a small town. My faculty knew that it was important to pray for the family this morning- so that is what we did. I am so glad that we do not have to worry, we just pray as a faculty if we want.

A co-worker asked if any of us had not been directly affected by a death of a family member due to cancer. No one could answer that they couldn't. I feel like someone is constantly battling it at church as well. I guess the only thing that can make it any better is constant prayer. I am going to add this to my daily prayer- even if I am not directly affected.

For the bookkeeper and her family today- "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith" II Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment