Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ISS

ISS, also known as In school suspension- is how one of my children has now spent a total of 4 1/2 days. In an earlier post, I think I mentioned the discipline system that we follow. It all evolves around apples- green the best, black the worst. So far this week, 3 kids have been on black- one of them twice. There have been 8 red apples pulled, 7 yellow apples, too many blues to count, and not very many stayed on green. To say the least- really not been the best last few days. My only hope for survival this week: the winter storm moving our way.

So back to ISS, my lovely little one was in there for a few different reasons. Here are some- he and another boy spent half of yesterday talking about and spelling a not so nice name for their male area. I shared with them that even when they spell it, I still know what it spells, and I know what they are talking about. I also said the word they had been enjoying several times- one response "uhhh Mrs. Dickerson, my momma dont let me say that at home!" . Please keep in mind- he had been saying basically all day. He also went to ISS for trying to trip a child. He was sitting in the corner- timeout- and as a child walked by, he stuck out his leg and attempted to trip him. Not good.

So...he got to go sit at a desk and do about 17 worksheets. My other students asked me alllll day where he was until one finally just said- "you know he is in ISS, he was bad"

So with the week I have been enjoying, I am looking forward to going to church tonight. I am looking forward to seeing my friends, relaxing, and listening to some good encouragement. Hope you all are going tonight- it will help your day- I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment