Sunday, January 17, 2010

Read Luke...approx 3 hours.

On one of my last post, I mentioned that for grad school I was assigned to sit down and read the entire chapter of Luke in one sitting. Now let me go on and confess that my normal Bible study takes place in about 15 minutes before I leave for work at 6:30am. I know, not a real great lengthy study, but I have worked out a system that seems to be working for me. So taking on this reading, was a bit overwhelming. But..I did it! My teacher wanted us to do it to get some insight on what Jesus was like as a teacher, and apply it to our own teaching strategies. I have never really thought about Jesus as a teacher. Normally when I am reading his teachings, I am reading them to gain something for my life from them. This time, I looked at how he was teaching, how he was managing the people, managing his time, and getting his point across. It was crazy the things I learned about how Jesus taught, and how it correlated with what I had been taught about teaching in my undergraduate studies. For all you teachers out there, great read, I encourage it. It will allow you to look at your teaching and what you can take from it. Everyone else, pretty good story to read as a story all the way through. I read it from The Message (which if Donnie ever reads this he will die that I did that) which I don't normally read from. I don't really like the way it presents some things. However, if you plan to read Luke all the way through I encourage you to do it from a story like source because it is a story and it reads a little easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment