Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TCAP

I must say, I am SO THANKFUL we do not give TCAP in Kindergarten. Last year when I was doing my student teaching it was right around TCAP. I could barely even do what I had to do to pass my student teaching. Everything was all about TCAP, and that is all we did. What happened to just being able to teach your students. Several months are spent worrying about TCAP. The students know that the teachers are stressed, and it makes them that way. Should third graders really be stressed? I am so glad that we do not give it in Kindergarten. It is one less thing I have to worry about. However, we do give a lot of assessments. I feel bad for my poor babies having to test over different things so much! I wish that Kindergarten was still Kindergarten and less First Grade. I know that the Lord is looking out for me, and will look out for my sweet babies as they get older and have to endure all of those tests!

1 comment:

  1. Kristin,

    What tests do you have to give? The beauty of a private Christian school is that all we do is teach! You would love it Kristin.

    ReplyDelete