Saturday, February 27, 2010

Media.

Well, my school made the news. And not in a good way. Why is it that the media loves to hound on teachers and celebrities. Has anyone else notice that? If a teacher does anything, and I mean anything, the media is right on it. When another civilian is arrested, they never say, oh yeah and he worked for Wal-Mart (and take their cameras out there to view his register). This is mind bogling to me, that if a teacher does something, they react the complete opposite way. I understand, we as teachers are held to a high standard. But we are not paid at a high standard, we are stressful jobs, and we make sure that 19 children learn and survive everyday. We have to be mom, janitor, conselor, doctor, mediator, police, judge, and teacher everyday. I just wish that teachers did not get such a bad rap.

I am just going to praying for the teacher at my school. Not really sure what went on, but I know that she must be going through a hard time. Also, the child involved. Unfortunately his name was on the news, and this puts spotlight on him. I will be praying for him and his family to figure something out in all of this.

As a teacher, it kind of slapped me in the face. Be careful. As careful as I may think I am being, be even more careful.

2 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    About six years ago, a colleague of mine in the public schools was accused of slapping a student. I know this woman well and I truly do not believe she did it. You are so right when you say be careful. She had to jump through all kinds of hoops before it was dropped.

    I am so excited to have found not only a kindergarten teacher, but a Christian kindergarten teacher at that. Please know that all you have to do is ask, and I will send you what you need through the mail, email you, etc. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just saw this comment. This whole blog thing is a lot for me. I have started reading your blog, and I know I will get some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete