Friday, May 13, 2011

IVF

We have made the decision to go with IVF. I am nervous, anxious, scared, and a little hopeful. We had the choice to do IVF or IUI (artificial insemination). However with the IUI, it would be donor sperm. We chose to do what we could to have a biological child. My husband has a part of his Y chromosome that is deleted you could say, and that part controls sperm. So, he has an incredibly low sperm count. We have been to NFC for two appointments so far, I know there are MANY more to come. We are now in waiting to meet with the IVF nurse. I am ready to get this rolling. I just read a blog of a girl I knew in high school. She just had a baby boy through IVF. She blogged her entire experience, and it was a lot. I know that it is just the sacrifice I will have to make to become a mother, but that doesn't make it any less scary.

On a side note, its almost summer :) 2 more weeks of school! I will be sad to see this group go, and it always scary to get a new group of little ones in August. They are just so little and confused :)

No comments:

Post a Comment