Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Unfortunate Bond

The older I get, the more I realize that people are placed in my life for specific reasons. The majority of the people that got me through the teen years of my life as my friends are no longer in my life. There were times when I was mad, confused, and resentful about that. Looking back, I know they helped form me, and then we went our separate ways to accomplish our goals. I truly believe that God knew that my husband was the person I needed to go through life with. So many things about him make up for lacking parts of me. So many aspects of his family are things that I didn't have growing up, and I am now able to enjoy them. I titled this "an unfortunate bond" because I feel like sometimes you are brought close to people in bad situations. I have a friend who I have been friends with since I can remember. We grew up together. I spent countless hours at her house. As adults, we kept in touch on occasions, but we didn't talk weekly or even monthly. We have been drawn together for reasons I wouldn't wish on anyone. Her and her husband have been dealing with infertility along with us. I have been praying for them daily as I pray for a baby in our lives. I often get discouraged because it isn't being answered for either of us. However, I know in my heart that when it does happen for them, I will be beyond happy! I know that one day our kids will play together- even if neither of us can have our own biological children the natural way.. our bond and struggles will make us great mothers when it happens for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment