Friday, August 13, 2010

The joys of K Testing...

We decided this year to test all of the Kindergartners before we put them into classes. We each tested four or five kids a day..whew. To say the least I am glad that I am done asking which picture begins with "p" and so on. We decided to test first to even place the students between classes. Last year, some of the classes were higher than others. So to be fair, we tested first. Today our principal spent the whole day making the class roles. I got 20 new little ones! Some of them I had tested. One in particular, was the precious, spunky, good ole country boy! His personality was adorable! I was hoping all day that I would get him, and I did! Last year, I had met my kids before them coming to school, so I am a little apprehensive about getting them on Tuesday!

I have changed a lot of things this year, and I am so excited to see what my kids are capable of! I am implementing some techniques from my Quantum Learning training, and I am excited to see how my kids will adjust to those routines. I feel better being a second year teacher, and knowing what to expect. I need to start praying for my school year, and my kids so next week we can have a great first week! Hope all of you other teachers out there are enjoying your new group!

No comments:

Post a Comment